Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC and other CC Suite 2021 products
  • 410 Replies sorted by
  • Only Premiere seems to "finesse these technical issues behind your back". Avid does not. FCPX does not clip superwhites and Autodesk products are also OK.

• @caveport Do Avid and FCPX ask you to manually identify each video file you import as either full range or studio swing? Of course not, they assume everything is studio swing unless instructed otherwise. Premiere attempts to automatically identify full range videos and scale them appropriately when you drag them into a sequence. Sometimes it gets confused, because video file formats are a mess of historical blunders. All such mistakes could be corrected if Adobe would just provide manual override options in Premiere.

When a full range video gets clipped, the culprit is not Premiere's core color workspace mechanisms. The problem is that specific legacy plug-in effects clip anything above 100 IRE. Adobe won't fix them because too many customers' archived projects depend on the dysfunctional way those plug-ins have always operated. What Adobe should have done long ago was deprecate all legacy plug-ins (i.e. disable their use in new projects) and replace them with a complete set of 32-bit plug-ins that work properly without internal clipping.

• @lpowell This is more complex then I thought. Lumerti is a new plugin and still cliping highlights if when clip is wrong interpreted, no?

On other side can I ask egoistic question: Can we presume that Premiere correct interpreted:

1. GH4 MOV's

2. Exported Preres files (from no1 timelines).

3. Exported mp4 Youtube like From no1 timelines?

Or not necessarily? Thats the one which I manly use and Im not sure how to identify issue.

• @LPowell "Do Avid and FCPX ask you to manually identify each video file you import as either full range or studio swing?"

For Avid, Yes. There is an import setting for the levels interpretation. FCPX may get the levels wrong but no plugins or colour effects clip the levels. They can be adjusted easily.

• @caveport

For Avid, Yes. There is an import setting for the levels interpretation.

Right, but it's a global override for Avid's default studio swing working space.

@konjow Lumetri clips superwhites above 100 IRE? Not surprised as it's an automated consumer-grade product.

• OK. But it's not an override, it's an import setting. The working space is irrelevant, only the input transform and whether the software has an option to manually set the levels interpretation.

I think we basically agree but differ in our semantics. For me Premiere is a difficult software for some simple things like this, and I have a background in Avid, Flame, Smoke etc, and they are not easy to deal with either, but offer a lot of manual options for the experienced user.

• 5 Essential Video Effects

• Stabilizing footage

• 4K reframing

• Faster editing

• Color block

• Hi folks, I'm having problems with mp3 music files in PP17, and also tried them out in PP15.3 with the same result. The problem is they are choppy and jump about once I take them into PP. They play ok outside of PP in Media player etc. Some are older mp3's, but most have been downloaded from YouTube music library to avoid copyright restrictions with YouTube. It's not happening to all of them, but I estimate it's a problem with about 75% of the mp3's I've tried out. I decided to give PP another try because it allowed me a student discount this time, and saved me about 30% on the normal cost of paying for it on a monthly basis. I'll get back to learning Magix Movie Editing, or Nitrate that @Vitaliy_Kiselev recommend I try as soon as this month's subscription ends. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem ?

Edit: I'll post an example of my problem shortly.. Here we go, the mp3 I used in this clip only played out for 30 seconds in PP as well as being choppy.

Added a bit of eye candy for your troubles.

• Lumetri Color Panel

• Editing B-Roll

• Seriously that some one have to do this tutorial ? -;)

• @tinbeo Noobs teaching noobs.

• Did any one noticed gamma, color shift opened in updated Premiere colored in Lumetri before update? It could be Lumetri improved :)...

• Our NAB interview

• There is a "new feature" in 2017.1 that has accidentally deleted a lot of people media files. look out Adobe users! Has anyone here had this problem? I was thinking of upgrading from CS6, but, wait...

Adobe forum on the issue: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2306406

Adobe response here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/avoid-potential-deletion-of-media-files-in-premiere-pro-cc-2017-.html

• Today we’re releasing an update for Premiere Pro CC 2017. The 11.1.2 update contains important bug fixes as well as performance improvements. It also adds support for the 10-bit formats of the Panasonic GH5. This is a critical update which is highly recommended for all users.

Yet

After updating Premiere on June 13th with the 11.1.2 update GH5 10 bit 4K files now play properly in Premiere, however, there is an issue when changing the playback resolution. If the playback resolution is set to anything other than full then the playback does a weird scaling thing once it has been initiated. For instance: if playback is set to 1/2 or 1/4 resolution as soon as you press play the viewer which is set to fit will change to playing only the left-hand corner of the 4K image at 100% size in the viewer. So you just see this one section of the video which is no longer playing as though fit to the viewers size. Then once you stop it from playing it reverts back to being fit into the viewer. I tried on both my Mac Pro as well as MacBook Pro and had the same issue.

It is still Adobe.

• Same bug on windows .