Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
iFootage WildCat, small stabilizer
  • 30 Replies sorted by
  • I also just received my Ifootage Wild Cat. First I should say I am not an expert, but have used an Indie half-moon type of stabilizer before that was around $80 and I was not happy with it. This Small Carbon stabilizer is absolutely great, albeit at almost 5 times the cost; but as they say you get what you pay for. I am in the USA. Shipment was fast, came via Los Angeles with DHL, and I had to pay no fees when DHL delivered it to me just a couple of hours ago.

I have made a pretty amateurish video of my unboxing and my first attempt at balancing my GH3 with the PL 25mm/f1.4 lens without reading the manual. After reading the manual I was able to do much better with the balancing and it works pretty sweet for the GH3.

I have no hesitation recommending this stabilizer for the GHx cameras. It is easy to balance. Here are hints: 1) each of the three legs have three weights, a large, a medium, and a small; use the medium and the small for the GH3. 2) Place the column height at around 40 or at a point where the stabilizer legs barely hang down; this setting makes the balancing of the camera very sensitive so you can adjust its position to balance it really well. Then 3) Increase the size of the column until the drop time is 1 to 2 seconds. My GH3 is in perfect balance now.

Here's the link to the vimeo unboxing and initial test video Ifootage Wild Cat

• @miko i had pay about $40 usd in import tax ... item is not posted from UK ...

• Thanks feha!

• Looks good guys. I think I'll pull the trigger if it gets available through PV deals again.