Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Edelkrone Slider
  • 74 Replies sorted by
  • Ahhh, so there it is. And that's the shorter one. That level change is a deal break for me. I'll stick with my S900.

• Regarding the "quirks" video, I had the same experience when i got mine out of the box. However edelkrone sent me the instructions to adjust all the bearings which was easy. Once adjusted to eliminate any play, it now slides evenly. One other thing I experienced was the relative ease of losing the soft pads under the feet for ground use. It appears they were just rubberized pads with adhesive on the other side which were easy to peel off when inserting the slider in a bag. I let edelkrone know and they 2nd-day aired me four replacement screw in legs that are of a revised design which have not come off now. So, this slider did have it's "quirks" but I have been impressed with how responsive edelkrone has been. I am sure the second batch of these sliders will address all issues reported by users. With that said, this slider really is top notch "if you need something compact". Yes, you do sacrifice slide length with either version, but the fact is they are so easy to travel with that you can easily take with whereas some sliders you may prefer to leave behind. I hope they will release the motor soon.

• Slider works great, but when you reach the middle point where it shifts over the plate, its a little sturdier compared to the rest of the slider.

• @sicovdplas so does it horizontally stay level from one end to the other or is there any discernible tilt?

• The level is fine, it's super solid - it's even solid on photo tripods. the problem is the middle bracket that mounts it to the tripods, somehow there is a little slag/friction there.

But the one i tried was fresh out of the box from delivery at the rental house, so it might still needed to be oiled for smoothness.

The weight is in the middle of the slider, which makes tilting/vibrations non existing.

• @sicovdplas you can adjust the middle base bearings to reduce the tension, it sounds like they are pressing against the rails too tight.

Here are videos on how to adjust the slider (you may find video 2 useful for your issue):

Video 1: Improves the maximum locking capacity of the SliderPLUS+ http://edel.kr/wRt

Video 2: Shows you how to get rid of the tipping in the middle (if you ever have any) http://edel.kr/i9Y

I have also attached photos showing how to adjust the sliding plate bearings to adjust the tension there.

Photo Jan 16, 8 04 56 AM (1).jpg
    1280 x 960 - 204K
    Photo Jan 16, 8 04 56 AM.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 267K
  • That's nice, but it was only point (baseplate) where it was more sturdy then on the long end or other long end. I don't own one but will rent it alot ;)

• I'm seeing a lot of videos of this thing sliding back and forth but not too much real footage here. Sort of odd to me.

• @vicharris

That's like the countless Glidecam/Steadicam shots online that shows the operator demonstrating it, but they don't show the actual footage itself.

I thought the idea is revolutionary for keeping things compact. More than anything, I hate to carry large amounts of gear because I'm usually by myself shooting since I cover live events types. But if it's still heavy then forget it.

• @vicharris I agree lol

@kameraguy do you have anything shot with this that we can view? I haven't searched high and low for test shot, and I'm sure it's around. Also, how well would this work with a 5lb+ camera?

@griplimited I agree, I try and do it the opposite way. Never talk about or review a product, and just use it. Also, most of these people throw it together and make a review video 5 minutes later without putting it through any real world testing.

• I purchased the Edelkrone Slider plus for a last minute trip filming abroad. I normally use a Kessler Stealth and love it, but it's difficult to take on a plane when you're a one man band.

So, the slider plus is very solidly built, and the concept is fantastic. BUT, while at first look, it seems to slide very smoothly, there is a definite "shift" when it travels over the middle section. If you create a very fast slide, it is undetectable, but as soon as you try to do a slow, smooth slide, it shifts pace and speeds up over the middle section. If have tried adjusting the slider (as a previous poster suggested), but it hasn't helped. Also, there is definite "tilting" at each end of the slide.

I have messaged Edelkrone about these issues, but haven't had a reply yet. For me they are deal breakers. I doesn't matter how compact or cheap a slider is, if it doesn't do the basic job of sliding, then it is redundant.

I'll wait to hear from Edelkrone, but if it can't be fixed, then I'll be selling my slider and going back to lugging the Kessler abroad.

Any suggestions of how to fix these issues would be greatly appreciated because I desperately want this slider to work!

Thanks

• I recieved my slider plus the other day. This must be one of the worst investments I've ever done in my entire life! The damn thing isn't even straight when placed on a table, you always need to screw out one of the feet under it to get it straight, no matter where you place it. That makes the whole thing uneven and not in level.

The footage that comes out of it is really bad, the whole image wobbles, even with at 17mm, that's so wide that you can get away with some shake and wobble but this slider manages to ruin those shots to! And this is not only when on a tripod, the wobble gets even worse when placed on a table, so it isn't due to my tripod (I have a really sturdy and heavy Libec head and legs).

The trolly is a bit loose and isn't sitting tight against the rails at all, and there's no way to adjust the bearings underneath it either.

The Edelkrone support is really slow and quite ignorant, you try to tell them what issues you have but they do everything they can to hang up as soon as possible saying "aha... mmhmm... okay sir... yes... yes... ok sir, we will contact you again... aha...." I told them several times while on phone with them that I have a job coming up in five days and need a slider since that's what I promised my client, and I begged them to send a new one to me ASAP but all you get is "Yes sir... aha... yes we will look at it and respond with a video with a solution". I try to explain to them over and over again that the whole slider is crooked but no, a video will solve my issues.

This slider has some MAJOR design issues and I can't recommend it to anyone, for this money you really can get much better sliders out there. While I'm on my epic rant, why not mention the little brake on the side of the slider; If you pull the brake up so that the slider doesn't move, good luck with unlocking it, the brake goes all the way in between the bearings and the top trolly, that makes it impossible for your finger to reach. You end up using a stick, knife, or a screwdriver to get it out. How the hell could they ship it this way?

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and the idea but they have released an unfinished product that does not deliver what they promise. Those smooth slides are really not that smooth at all, they are shaky and uneven. And all that talk about "precise manufacturing" isnt really that precise at all. Look at almost any footage on Youtube or Vimeo, you will see what I'm talking about, it's shaky and uneven.

• @Adde

Can you show some videos? As response is mixed, some people seems to be ok with it.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I wish I could show you the shoot we had last sunday that it ruined and now has to be reshot again at friday... The only material I have up is the video that Edelkrone wanted me to film where I explain my problems with it...

I know some people say it is amazing, but then again look at their material and you will notice uneven slides and unsmooth motion many times.

Today they E mailed me back first saying that these issues can be solved by adjusting the slider. I have adjusted all possible parts and nothing works. Any by the way you shouldn't have to make major adjustments on a 499 + VAT slider IMO...

So after trying to explain dozens of times that no video they send me with instructions can help me adjust this thing they decided to send me a new one. Perfect, that's fine with me. But, they won't pay any shipping for the old one because it has to go to chech republic. So I have to pay import taxes one more time for the new one, plus all the shipping and handling for the old one. Just because they failed to check that the slider was in working condition before they send it out.

I just hope that the new one works. But this really took all the fun out of it, now it has become a VERY expensive slider. To be fair they are offering me all the money back, but I would end up with paying the shipping and the export taxes, so then I would have lost about total of 300 dollars and have no slider and a ruined shot (and probably lost my customer).

So, pick your poison I guess...

• @Adde,

That's a shame you're going through all this trouble - is it possible to get a voucher towards a future purchase to help offset some of the fees that you have to eat?

• @last_SHIFT

Yeah it is really a shame... I would have understood if this was a cheaper Ebay slider, I mean that's what you expect when something brakes. But when you order something from a quite expensive manufacturer (at least quite expensive for me) I was expecting better service than this.

I bet their other products are better and more precise, but this slider isn't. They shipped it out today and I hope that it works better. I simply can't afford to pay import and export taxes for another slider after this.

They havent mentioned anything about vouchers, I asked them if they at least could pay the shipping for the broken slider but I got a print screen where their shipping terms marked with a red line where it sais that I have to bare all the shipping costs.

Back in the days when I used the Shoot35 SGblade adaptor I got a defect part several times in a row. They simply sent me new ones, told me keep the old ones as long as you got a working unit. Did i mention that I bought it second hand and had no warranty left and still I got the best service ever.

• I am so extremely happy that I saw this message board. I was considering buying this slider even though im already short on finances. Now I dont have anything to worry about because I dont want a poorly made device. Thank you all

• Has anyone seen any reviews of the updated slider yet?