Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DMX controller for LED lights
  • As I have a DN2-T&D 900 LED light and I'm very interested in the LED fresnells and getting more DN2's, a DMX controller would be interesting.

I'm looking for a box with one USB connection to a computer (which software?) and several DMX outputs to hook up the lights. I know you can daisy chain the lights, but to have 2 or 3 output sockets would still be of an advantage.

Vitaliy_Kiselev

You can get any for cheap, locally or on aliexpress.com. :-)

In fact, I think that Wi-Fi must be mandatory for led or fluo modern lights.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev I had a look at aliexpress, but I didn't find a DMX controller for my DN2. The DN2 has a 5 pin connector, all controllers do seem to only have 3 pin connectors (looks like XLR plugs to me).

Any information or experience reports with DMX controllers are appreciated.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks very much.

But...as the standart are 5 pin connectors (to not be confused with XLR plugs), why can't I find a DMX controller with 5 pin outputs? They are all only 3 pin, so I would need an adaptor. Whats the reason behind that?

• Just buy as many connectors as you want and make as many adaptors as you want, they are very cheap.

As 5 pin XLR is just normal stereo 5 min XLR.