Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
New Edius Pro 6.5
  • Few days ago Grass Valley released the new Edius version. As usual we are a very little community using Edius, the majority prefers dying on transcoding and other boring tasks :) :) :) (Please note: 3 emoticons)

Most important new features are:

• Color correction tool supports 10-bit color depth
    • Export sequence with alpha channel
    • Native RED (.R3D) support*
    • Improved XDCAM/ P2 data transfer
    • 3D (stereoscopic) editing
    • AVCHD 2.0 support
    • EOS movie support (ALL-I (I-only), IPB)
    • Camera RAW format support*
    • Filmstrip view in Timeline
    • Enhanced video layouter (drop shadow, resize quality)
    • Built-in loudness meter
    • Built-in shake stabilizer
    • 720p Blu-ray authoring support
    • Flash F4V export
    • QuickTime HQ/HQX codec (Windows/Mac)

Here a tour of new features from Matthew Scott:

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Why do you need GPU acceleration? Edius uses CPU by choice.

• Ah! Upgrade time!

• @subco in what way is Premiere less capable than other NLEs, in your opinion? And do you mean to imply that Vegas is a more capable NLE than Premiere? Having used both, I feel Premiere since CS5 is leaps and bounds beyond Vegas.

• cuda and mercury playback to me is still a lot about pr. Sure its great to not have to transcode. But its still not as responsive to edit with transcoded footage (in my case avid mc 6 dnxhd175x). i like to play backwards a lot when making edit changes and thats just not done so well with native footage in premiere pro. id rather just lose a day transcoding and have to render a lot less while working.

• The Edius codecs are available from inside Sony Vegas as well, been using them for some time as I also have Edius6 installed. More efficient than Cineform and faster transcoding.