Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
24-70mm lenses topic
  • I have a chance to pick up Sigma 24-70mm for $400 with a $100 UV filter on it! I was wondering if anyone has used this lens or one like it for video? When I was playing around with it, I did notice a bit of breathing with it but not sure if that's something you can't get away from, using lenses with this range. It was pretty damn impressive and didn't extend too far at all. Seems like a great fit with the Tokina 11-16. Any help as soon as possible would be great as I need to jump on this right away. Thanks everyone.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Is it parfocal? does the aperture shift at all?

• @plasmasmp The aperture stays the same but I really didn't check for the parfocal. I was buying the Tokina so I didn't really play with it that much. But damn I should have! Can't find any info online about that as well.

• You won't find anything online, and there are multiple versions of the lens. I'm interested in a video related review of the older AF-S version with manual aperture ring. That way it works with everything.