Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hacked GH1 and GF1 bitrate and quality seem low?
  • Hello, I am trying to get this hack thing working. So far I've tried the Max Lattitude, Blackout Powell, Max Reliability, and a lot of others on my GF1 and GH1. While both cameras footage looks quite OK when played back in the Media Player, once I start working on the video (compositing, color correction and so on) it all falls apart quite rapidly. Upon inspection I found that the video - even though I am using a 75mbit setting, the video stays < 10mbit/s. Once I start to look at the video in Premiere or After Effects and do a little work on it - there are a lot of compression artifacts - I'm talking almost youtube quality - not >50mbit video. I am using Class 10 SD cards, one 16GB and one 32GB. Brand of the media is Sandisk and Samsung. From what I can see the 720p video of GF1 is the one that sustains the highest quality. The hacks are in and they do work - it just chooses to encode the video at a much lower quality then desired. Are other people experiencing this? Or is this related to something I can fix?

DocZ

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • I see that you are just repeating your previous messages, plus your question is very general, as it is better to post actual examples.

Use http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/3153/beginners-basic-hacks-questions-series-2#Item_23

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions