Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
14mm Samyang
  • It looks like we don't have dedicated topic about this lens. Just many separate posts in wide lenses topics.

Quite good subjective review in Russian (use google translate if you need to) :
    http://dmitry-novak.livejournal.com/72897.html

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I really need a wide lens for my GH2 since I don't have anything wider than the 20mm pancake (apart from a 6mm 1.2 c mount for use in ETC mode which is equivalent to 30mm but with known ETC noise issues). I would love to get the olympus 12mm or slr magic but they are a bit out of my price range. I think a 14mm will be enough for me so my dillema is samyang 14mm 2.8 or pany 14mm 2.5? what do you guys think? Size is not really an issue for me, and I prefer manual lenses. The most important thing for me is performance on GH2 and also future proofing, which is why i think the samyang is better value since I can use it on apsc or FF when I switch to a more expensive system. but samyang doesn't have filter thread right? Also I can't find any footage of GH2 14mm samyang combo :(

• Haven't tried the Samyang but by judging from the test results it should be nice on a gh2, albeit with some distortion issues. It far outperforms the panny pancake 14mm for resolution, plus it's made for a bigger sensor so you get the best bits of it.. Id gladly try it out.

• @stefanos, right, no filter thread on the 14mm Samyang. I mostly use mine for stills on the 5D. On the GH2, if I need 14mm I usually just use the 14-140.

• does anyone know of any footage shot on the gh2 with 14mm samyang?

• Walimex 14mm f2.8 aka Samyang