Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
International Shooters Needed for Collaborative Spot - $$$
  • Hey all - We're currently putting together an international collaborative shoot for a Chevy spec spot. We need about 5 shooters / teams from diverse locations and ethnicities.

We should have about $500 per team, maybe more.

Requirements: Decent Camera / DSLR - Canon, GH2, etc are all good Access to a Chevy Vehicle Access to decent actor or two Some existing work we can see

The plan: Shoot a mini short film based on our template shot in NYC. You can put your creative spin on it, but certain shots and actions need to match as closely as possible. Let me know if you're interested!

Personal View Disclaimer: I am an independent writer / shooter and not an ad agency. I pitched an idea and got a small grant to try and make it happen.

Cheers, Matt

• 20 Replies sorted by
  • @mattodowd depending on the timetable etc this could be possible to do.. Id like to know more about what you have in mind - what kind of Chevy Vehicle, what your preliminary schedule is a.s.o..

• I'm not really geographically diverse -- I'm based in NYC too, but would be happy to collaborate.

Message me if you're interested.

• I'm in Sydney, Australia. I shoot on GH2 and PMWEX3, full kit. I'm sure I can find a Chevy around here... Let's do it! My work is at makinnoize.com.

• I am other side of Australia .. West Coast .. Perth. GH2, PMWEX1 .. full audio and Lighting Kits. $500 should cover the Chevy and some student actors. I'm in .. message me

• Los Angeles based. I'd like to hear and see mlre of the shots you did already.

• Team of 2 GH2ers out here in New Mexico. Let me know!

• I'm in Sweden, please send link to your "video template" ... I'm individual ...

• Hello from Greece. A little hard to find many chevy models here (especially the big ones) but its easy to find chevrolet cherokee. What kind of models do you have in mind ?

• I'd be interested if you want a shooter from the glamorous city of Houston TX!

• Hi,

I´m in Munich, Germany. I have a little production firm and shoot on Gh1&2. Access to cars and actors should be no problem. Let me know! Thanks.

• Thanks everyone! I'll PM everyone on the thread. Would love to get some footage from your locations, and keep in touch for future projects as well. We'll be shooting on GH2 and Scarlet, so this may produce some interesting shootout footage as well.

I'll have updates / schedules pretty soon.

• Depends on when you shoot .. I'll have the BMD Cinema Camera too

• Hi,

I am in Finland and would be interested too. I have a small production company. I do have access to actors from local theater and I think I can find some (european) chevy model for rent.

Camera gear GH1/GH2/AF100/SD600.

• Hi,

I am in Italy, close to the French Cote Azur and MOntecarlo. I think I can find some (european) chevy model for rent as well, I guess I would need more info of the model etc.

You can see some of my work on Vimeo page https://vimeo.com/user10191031 or you can have a look at my website www.444-films.com

Lots of gear, including anamorphic. Possible use of professional VFX as well, Smoke artist.

Regards

• Hey all - we're just about ready to start handing out the shots and briefs. Does anyone know any shooters in Africa or the Carribean?

• Sounds very cool, I've got a gh2 and access to a new camaro here in Austin TX or surrounding Hill Country.

• Interested. Use AF100 and GH2. Just put together a website with some work www dot 1dogstudios dot com. Canada, province of Saskatchewan. Near whatever kind of terrain you want. If you want to contact me directly, info is on my website.

• So, Chevy, are you pitching Goodby? Chevy has always done running footage in and around San Francisco Bay Area and maybe local Car Dealerships. Mt Tamalpais, Jenner Coast..etc What is the idea...? They usually ask someone to Art Direct and Copy write for nothing... So what are their ideas or storyboards?

• I'm in Guatemala (Central America). Might be able to find a Chevy around Lake Atitlan where I live. Too bad the ad wasn't for Toyota!!

• Hi, don't know if you're still looking or are already done shooting, but I'm in Utah, out by the famous Bonneville salt flats... pretty much the go to location for many automobile / scenic shots people see in commercials, movies etc.