Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 HBR 30fps jittery/freezly when panning
  • I have a problem with GH2 HBR 30fps footage. Bitrates not patched with hack, only NTSC<->Pal. I make test footage with panning with tripod and video head. So movements is smooth enough. If i play it with MPC or VLC player it looks suddenly jittery or freezly... so in common it smooth, but sometimes it freezes for moment. and everytime in different time. But if i play it with GH2 connected to TV everything looks OK. no freezes at all. But again when i import it in Vegas Pro 11 i have same freezes... Computer is powerful - 10% processor load while playing 1080.

Here is sample video: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/46179875/00004.MTS

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Check framerate of your monitor.

If it is 60Hz, check other players.

• Try changing the video output module in VLC, or the video renderer in Media Player Classic Home Cinema. Different renderers have different results using different video cards and different drivers.

• Thanks for answers!

Monitor is 60Hz. Yes it is look like frame rate problem... Try different renderers in MPC - get better result but not 100% perfect. VLC same. Funny but only Window Media Player plays it 100% smooth, but it has interlace issue for this footage) I'l post here final solution when I'l find it.

• In MPCHC try the EVR Sync output renderer with D3D Fullscreen.

• I have the same problem with VLC. For some reason, VLC chokes on GH2 footage every now and then and starts stuttering. Media Player displays it just fine.

I shoot 720p50 and use 50Hz refresh on my monitors.

• I think i can resume this issue. It is common problem with 29.97fps footage playback on PC. I also try Canon SX130 that shoots 1280x720 30p. And panning footage look same with any of my players. (I was wrong about Windows Media Player it just do it better). Maybe it is some driver issue... Also I try Canon footage on 2 MacBook Pro's different generations. Same result. So 30p not the best choice for PC playback...