Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
First Underwater deep SEDNA test
  • Hi all,

Saturday finally I got my Nauticam housing so I had the chance to bring with me underwater. Actually I had organized a deep dive with my friends already. So it wasn't the best circumstance to test a brand new equipment: too many things to pay attention to: gases, scooter, depth... but I did not resist bringing the new housing and lights with me. I had a lot problems trying to get the proper light orientation (2x L&M SOLA 2000). The lumix 8mm fisheye has a huge angle so the lights must be moved back to fill the scene. Anyway... just a test with sickening shots.

@driftwood SEDNA A settings, mostly ISO 500, Lumix 8mm wide open (it's quite soft at the borders). All the shots taken between 60 and 75meter (195 - 246 feet)

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • @LongJohnSilver This is AMAZING!!! GH2 +vk + @driftwood I love you, thank you.

• I want that Nauticam housing bad, so expensive though.

• @LongJohnSilver Oh yes, really nice stuff. Quite eerie some of those shots. That casing is bloody lovely. Well done mate.

• @Rambo, yes it's expensive but it's half the price of a typical DSRL housing.

Thank you all.

• Those are some great images @LongJohnSilver !!! we are heading to the bahamas in May and you are making me think about swapping golf gear for snorkel/camera gear!

• Great job.

• @leonbeas Yes this is the reason I called it sickening shots. It's a test made with a brand new equipment made in the worst moment just to show Sedna underwater :)

Bye

• Contratulations on the new guear, shows us some footage when you can.

• Good stuff LJS!