Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Which settings for GH2 concert recording (classical)?
  • 31 Replies sorted by
  • Mark: I hadn';t thought of that, but it seems likely.

BTW, the footage I shot was a bit grainy at 640 ISO, less so at 320-- not horribly so, but I could see it.

But, the sound DID play through the HDMI port, so that question's resolved.

• @balazer - I guess I am a Cake 2.0 fan now!

I shot a lenghty orchestra rehearsal today and your settting performed beautifully. 24H, ISO 800 and ISO 1250 - very clean and fine grained. I am very happy with the quality vs. file size.

• Great to hear that. Thanks for testing.

Make sure you know how to handle the ISO noise bug at 1250. http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-usage/gh2-usage

• @blazer - thanks for the noise bug warning! I thought this was only the case with 320.

So, do I get this right - every time you turn the camera on you have to switch to a higher ISO setting, then back to 1250 or 320? So in the case of 320 for example, do you have to select 400, confirm with SET, then go back into ISO and select 320? I assume it's not just enough to switch to 400 and then right back to 320

Thanks. This is a very important tip.

• It's enough to just switch to the higher ISO and then switch back. You don't need to set it.

• That noise bug will really bite. I accidentally forgot to switch down from the middle row once and I could not believe how much extra noise there was.