Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Burlesque Show with GH2 HBR 25p & Voigtlander 50m f1.1
  • Test filming in HBR mode (1080p25) with very safe "hack" at 33 mbts.

First use of a voigtlander nokton 50mm 1.1. that I've just received. Great lense ! All manual control.

I thought this would be funny to shoot. And a much more interesting subject for the test than the usual garden tree... :)

Export with Clipwrap. Edited in FCP7 with no color correction.

Music : Betty Hutton "Stuff like that there".

• 16 Replies sorted by
  • Great test - and not a tree in sight - not even a small bush! Looks a fab lens. 50mm manual lenses seem to be a great focal length on this camera.

• @PhilMyself What settings have you used?

• Thank you Mark ! In fact, I didn't expect to be so close of the scene and the 50mm was maybe a little too long. But it looks good ! Now I wish I had a 35mm 1.2 & the 17mm 0.95 to complete the whole range of Voigtlander lenses ! (But first, I may need some money, could help...)

Settings was only 33mbs because when I go higher the camera was crashing very often... Maybe my card isn't fast enough ? Anyway 33mbs is very stable for me & that's what I need.

• @PhilMyself great video. Please can you share your safe settings, the ini file ? For now I use Cluster v1 from @driftwood

• That is what i call Pixel Peeping :D!

• Well, there isn't any trees where I live, that 's the only subject I could find... Life is so unfair, I want a tree now !!! :)

I just change the FSH/SH & 24H to 33mbs and didn't touch anything else. Not a very spectacular settings but once again it's safe for me.

• I am a little confused when you say you changed the FSH/SH to 33mbs. I cannot find this setting on my hacked GH2. Thank you for your help

• Sorry, 33mbs is the "hack" settings. On the GH2 it was "nostalgic" -2/-2/-2. Shutter speed 1/50 or 1/100.

• @PhilMyself the question was which settings you used

• No settings. I just open the ptool and enter the value in the FSH/SH & 24H to 33mbs. Nothing else.

• @PhilMyself Excellent - and by "bush" I wasn't necessarily talking vegetation...!

EDIT: Just had a look at some of your other videos. Wonderful stuff - love the recording session!

• Well I'm a young & naive guy, I have no idea of what you are referring to if not vegetation when talking about "bush"... :)

Anyway thanks for watching my work !!!

• @PhilMyself great video, really looks like a fun show...

... but I can't conzentrate on makroblocking, noise, dinamic range,...

The actual subjects are way more interesting - sorry, but this fails as a "camera test" ;-)

• @PhilMyself , @Psyco I doubt anyone can see any macro blocking or noise while beautiful subjects "moving" there :-)

• Damn... You are right ! Major, epic fail on this test ! I'm such a bad tester ! Again, need a tree, right now ! :)