Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
BOSMA G1 8K camera - Another Chinese camera

The BOSMA G1 8K features a Micro Four Thirds (MFT)-sized image sensor and is capable of recording in 8K/30p and 4K/60p resolutions.

https://ymcinema.com/2021/04/24/bosma-g1-8k-camera-released-mft-sensor-that-shoots-8k-30p/

“8K high-resolution video streaming can be implemented in a wide range of fields such as live video distribution and aerial videography”, the company said. The Micro Four Thirds form factor enables a the BOSMA G1 8K to have a compact form factor.

• 7680 x 4320 pixel resolution (approximately 33 million) (4/3 CMOS image sensor, 18.84 mm x 10.60 mm);
    • 8K/30p real-time streaming over HDMI 2.1 output;
    • RTSP and SRT video transmission protocol support;
    • CFast 2.0;
    • long recording time capability via connection to an external SSD and remote control functionality.

The camera encodes video in H.265 HEVC Main 10 Profile and High Profile H.264/AVC. Sound/voice codecs are handled as AAC/PCM, and video file containers include MOV/MP4. Recording bit rates are 200M for 8K/30p and 100M for 4K/60p. Color tone is 10 and 8 bits, while sound is either 24 or 16 bits with sample rates of 48 kHz and 44.1 kHz.

• Bit rate control methods are VBR and CBR, and available frame rates for 8K include 30/25/24 fps and for 4K 60/50/30/25/24 fps.
    • Using color gamuts of SDR BT.709 and HDR BT.2020, and will dynamic range as SDR8, SD10, and HDR10.
    • The included single HDMI output handles a maximum of 8K/30p.
    • The camera will record normal and time-lapse speeds.
    • The camera is supplied with single 3.5mm audio input and outputs; a 5-pin LECO (XLR 2ch) terminal, and include built-in stereo mic.
    • Has both an ethernet port and IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz).
    • Uses CFast2.0 card slot (exFAT compatible) for storage.
    sa17097.jpg
    548 x 405 - 29K
  • 11 Replies sorted by
  • something smells strange here,

only records up to 30 minutes, what is this?????!! passed like a photo camera then used as a videocamera for paying less taxes????

What is this !!!! bitrate limited to 200mb 8k30p and 100mbps at 4k 60p.

10 bit no external RAW and you tell me $5000 is cheap!! damm sure the know something i dont.

• Woooooho, another ultra-hackable shit!

• I mean, if you want an 8K cube get the Z Cam F8.

• @DrDave

It is nice to have alternative, as no one knows the amount of chips Z-CAM still have. As the supply will end (I expected it to start really happening in February already, but they got new batch) it will be the end of Z_CAM as we know it, they will need totally new cameras and designs.

As I told - they already are selecting the models they like to sell to dealers, at least outside major markets.

• Saw somewhere that this camera probably uses the same sensor as the (dead?) 8k camera from Sharp.

Anyone knows who is making this sensor?

• It would be better if it did 8k 60p, but what do you want for $5000?

• All suddenly kinefinity sounds good.

• 12 bit fanless global shutter, I like the sound of that. https://www.astrodesign.co.jp/english/product/ab-4830_ac-4829

• Specs for the model 4830--12 bit global shutter fanless.

Screenshot_2021-05-15 AB-4830 AC-4829 Multi-Purpose Camera System ASTRODESIGN Inc.png
    904 x 573 - 30K
  • 12 but and 12 stops DR doesn’t sound bad at all for a global shutter sensor.

I’m planning on buying the chronos 2.1 for appetite appeal shots for food products and effects. Any comments on that camera?