Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2+ Canon 50mm 1.4 + Canon 100 f2.8 macro
  • Will it work? What kind of adapter is available?

Forget the 1.4 and get the Panny 20mm 1.7 instead?

Will the Canon 100mm macro be as good on the GH2 than it is on EOS?

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • "Forget the 1.4 and get the Panny 20mm 1.7 instead?"

One thing to remember is that the field of view doubles on the gh2 compared to an FF sensor so a 50mm will have the field of view of an 100mm lens on the 5d, my point being that the 20mm is equivalent to 40mm (in FF terms) so it is very different to a 50mm. If I were u I would buy the 20mm without hesitation, it is a phenomenal workhorse lens which is much much wider than a 50mm would be, insanely sharp and insanely small making it perhaps the best combo for the gh2 there is. So if you're kind of just beginning and need a couple of lenses to start with I would buy the 20mm 1.7 and then a good cheap 50mm like an nikkor ai-s 50mm 1.8 (better than the 1.4) or a pentax 50mm 1.7 + a good macro filter like the marumi ones. So you'll have the eqivalent of a 40mm 1.7 and a 100mm 1.8 (with very good macro if u add the adapter)

• EF lenses are VERY hard to adapt. They lack an aperature ring and then you need an adapter that can control that (RedRock has a large solution, Birger's supposed to come soon and there are others) or you could get a Kipon with an internal aperature in the adapter, but that's FAR from ultimate. So basically, no, they won't be as good, because of all the hassle.

• Panasonic DG 25mm f1.4 Leica Summilux ASPH

Any opinions on this lens?

• @QuinEtiam

I have the Summilux and love it - super sharp, great low light performance.

My only issue is finding other lenses to match it with. Currently have the Contax Planar T 45mm, and am looking at the Olympus 12mm.

• 20mm is dope.