Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Free HD stock footage
  • Hi! I´m making a short web video, where first 30seconds are about people with active lifestyle.. a person for who I´m making it, wants there some horse riding but it´s january. A lot of mist , no sun and I don´t believe I´ll find someone this month riding a horse in my city.. So I tried to search the web for some free stock footage..but every page where was "free" you´ve had to pay for clips.. does anybody know about any website with free sports HD footage? thank you!

• 8 Replies sorted by
  • I don't know of any good free, but pond5.com has decent stuff and is reasonably priced.

• thanks , I see some nice footage there, also like you said - reasonably priced.. but still out of my price range :(

• Try this and let us know if it's legit or not: http://www.stockfootageforfree.com/

• thanks for the link, there´s not that much footage.. there are 14 groups: and in every grop you can find from 10-30 clips the most of them are 4:3 720x480 but you can find also some 1080p clips.. but.. they aren´t that good.. groups: US Cities/Locations Transportation Time-Lapse Sports Seasonal Other Nature & Animals Mansions & Wealth Looping Backgrounds Holidays Construction & Energy Beaches & Water Production Music Slow Motion

If someone is interested.. there are some free stock footage groups on vimeo.. you can find some nice clips when you have luck

• Videoblocks is pretty good. It's not free forever, but you can sign up for a 7 day trial and download full quality clips - if they happen to have anything that matches what you're looking for.

Just remember to cancel your membership before the 7 days is up or you'll be signed up for the first month paid. They're even adding some 4K Red stuff as they go.

• nice page,good quality footage, but no good horse or bike riding clip for me :(. I guess the best thing to do will be grabing my camera and go look for some horseriders. thanks Oedipax

• I used to be the BBC's sound effects recordist. They have a VAST library of sound effects, but actually when you wanted something specific it was not always possible to get it. With images, there are just as many variables (to name some: colour treatment, lens angle, point of view, location, contemporary / historic).

Here's an suggestion: ask this list directly if someone here has shot / could shoot something for you. Someone might be delighted to go out and shoot what you want as part of a test.

• I think you are right.. in some situations if you don´t want your footage to look wierd you have to shoot everything yourself, I can´t put footage where someone is riding on a bike in some exotic place because I´m from middle of Europe and It would look a little bit hazy to me..
    I give myself one more chance to shoot something, If I fail I´ll try our forum, maybe someone will be interested..
    btw.. I´ve been searching all day for some HD stock footage , and the best site (according to price/quality) was for me the Videoblocks.com that Oedipax metioned..