Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
ColorGHear TOOLKIT- color grading SYSTEM for AE
  • So rather than hijacking other threads and adding to the clutter, I've decided to start a ColorGHear thread as a more centralized place to handle questions, suggestions, demos videos (mine and yours), and other concerns.

So as not to be misleading, ColorGHear is an add-on of MODULAR PRESETS, and not a true plug-in.

The toolkit isn't just a collection of drag and drop "looks." It is a series of modular presets, or nodes, specially designed to contend with the codec limitations native to HDSLR footage. Along with these modular nodes, comes a system of use - learned through the online tutorials - which will open up the full power and functionality of After Effects to absolute beginners as well as long time users. Doing so will give users amazing power and flexibility to reduce noise and artifacts, and apply vibrant, astounding color grading to DSLR footage. In short, ColorGHear transforms After Effects from a Animation and Compositing tool, into a Color Grading Monster!

The power of ColorGHear is presented in the video demonstrations below.

ColorGHear is available at http://www.ColorGHear.com

CGT retails for $50

With your purchase of ColorGHear, you will get a free subscription to my video tutorial series showing how to unleash the power of After Effects using ColorGHear to turn your footage into stunning, film-like images.

As of July 1st, 2012 CGT will only be available under a subscription plan. $50 will get you CGT and access to all Grading and Filmschool tutorials for one year. If you choose not to renew, you can keep the GHears, but will lose access to the tutorials, and oh, the tutorials I have yet to show you. (Yes, a mild Hellraiser reference)

All of you who currently have CGT or buy it before July 1st, 2012 will be grandfathered in (no annual subscription rate for the current "CGT for AFX" version....ever. I did say early adopters would be rewarded, did I not?)

Subscription plans for other platforms will vary. Those currently in development are Davinci Resolve and Premiere Pro. And while CGT won't really work in FCP X there will be tutorials for getting the most out of the grading tools in FCP X, as well as creation and integration of SpeedGrade LUTs into AFX. '

Also, as I promised, all CGT Members will get discounted prices on versions for other platforms.

Below is a link to our special deals portal, which will change often, and without notice. Some days you will come here and find fantastic deals on ColorGHear products, and on other days you'll find no deals at all. We reserve the right to offer our products at our set price, and give discounts when we see fit. If you come here and see a price lower than what you paid for a product we will not offer any kind of rebate or refund. It's the beauty and wonder of chance at work.

http://colorghear.com/specials/
  • 1015 Replies sorted by
  • @Shian,

Please, make new series of this topic.

As this is too alrge one, will be closed as soon as you'll make new.

• @ Shian, Looks Good. Had no problems logging in or navigating. Looking forward to more videos. LukeV

• Okay, so it's not a mind blowing upgrade... yet.

BUT those having issues with logging in, browser compatibility, pages not loading - losing passwords, etc. All of that should be a thing of the past. It should now be easier to navigate, login, log out, recover passwords, and edit your profile, watch tutorials, etcetera. The blog isn't really finished yet, but there will be one. The forum.... well, we'll see if it works this time.

There's a good chance that your browser will not autofill your user id and password on your first visit, but the lost password function should be working properly now, as well as the "login" link.

Let me know if you have any issues.

• @shian That sucks - hope the fix is relatively painless. Thanks for your hard work. Purchased ColorGHears awhile back and found the tutorials to be great. Thanks for putting the ColorGHears out there in the first place, as well as the great site with tutorials. Rock on

• In the process of trying to upgrade the site, I've completely obliterated it... database and all. I'll have it back up as soon as I can. It's a total mess right now.

Sorry

• @Mark_the_Harp Thank you very much for you kind words

• @Aksel Wow - I loved it!!!! I was totally hooked on the story. If you're after opinions on the grading, it's difficult for me to say, because it would have been great to watch whatever you'd done with the grading.

• Probably not till after the 1st of the year.

• Hi @shian,

Gotta repost my previous post (in case you didn't notice :-)):

"It's been a long time (several months) since I've noticed the following on your "tutorials" page - "13) ColorGHear: Advanced Masks coming soon"...

I do realize that you're pretty busy. Anyway, could you give us some info regarding the actual release date of the tutorial №13?"

• Night bedroom shot

Will release on 11/22/12 its about 25 minutes long...

708nograde.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    708grade.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Hi Everyone

I just shot a little short with a Bolex and graded it with ColorGhear. Please take a look at the Original & Color Graded and let me know what do you think. Thank you in advance.

Password for both: FPMAT

• I hope you will be patient with Premiere and I wish you lack.

• @shian

very excited for Resolve version. I'm trying to learn my way around Resolve right now, and I've got the basics, but the actual act of grading is extremely frustrating.

• Hi @shian,

It's been a long time (several months) since I've noticed the following on your "tutorials" page - "13) ColorGHear: Advanced Masks coming soon"...

I do realize that you're pretty busy. Anyway, could you give us some info regarding the actual release date of the tutorial №13?

• So in my absence (when not living on set) I've been toiling here in the CGT lab. There is now a working (sort of) prototype of CGT for Resolve. I need to tweak it quite a bit, though. I want to be sure that a grade in AE using current techniques can be accurately duplicated using the same GHears (as nodes) in Resolve.

The Premiere version is really frustrating me. It will likely be more of a "CGT Lite" version. There are GHears that can be constructed in AE that Premiere is just not giving me the tools to create. But I'm still working on it.

• No, I haven't lost my mind. For now that's all I can say.

namaste

• I thought I'd show you guys a video I just finished up for my intro video class. I used color ghear for the grade, and I'm still learning so let me know what could be improved (I'm sure there's alot!). The main things Is ee now are that some shots are a bit dark.

Thanks!

• Here's an idea for that rectangle. If the rectangle stays in the same spot throughout, you may be able to use it as the basis for a virtual color filter. That bit of flare is acting like a piece of filter on your lens... so maybe you can compensate for the color shifts.

Make a duplicate of the video, and mask it off so that it's only the rectangle. Overlay it onto the original. Adjust its opacity so that it's partially transparent. By adjusting its color balances, contrasts, and the like, you may be able to find a combination that cancels out that greenish tinge and restores that area to something like the original.

This may not work: it's just an idea off the top of my head. But, it may make it more acceptable.

• @tinbeo I have done this mistake several times my self.. You where pretty unlucky on your shot though, worst place to get flare like that. Hope you figured out a solution to solve it or at least make it less obvious. Tell us if you figure out a smart way to handle it, would be good information.

• @fix " If am no mistaken, this is probably a result from the uv protection glass you keep on your lens. "

My bad, I didn't even remember when I had that uv in my gh2. I just found out it was there. Sorry, yes, a lesson to remember. Thanks.

• @ tinbeo, You might look at Moca to track the speaker's hair coming in and use PS to create the hair layer. I would also do the same with the wall. Yes time & labor intensive the first time but if you are getting payed for the shoot well worth it to getting the next job. Go to moca's website for some instrutions.I don't work for them but I use moca Pro for just these problems. hope that helps, good luck

• There's certainly no easy way to fix this :/

• Thanks for all helps. I shot with gh2, Oly 45mm, no filter at all, on a tripod running it self. As you could see the spot shown on speaker hair at the same spot. If no way to fix it, I then have to put another layer with audience, picture in picture to cover it. But it gonna look weird.

Same spot.jpg
    1090 x 514 - 49K
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions