Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Lens Turbo II (FD to M43) + FD 50mm 1.4 - cant mount lense so aperture works
  • Hi dear forum,

I just received my Lens Turbo II and tried to mount my FD 50mm 1.4 but I cant make the aperture work. I bring the red dot of the lens to the yellow dot of the adapter and twist it towards the red dot (so red dot of adapter and lens match up). While I do that i can feel that the metal screw of the adapter is moving the aperture hock (dont know how that is called), but when the red dots are lined up so the entire lens should fit into the adapter to move again in the other direction its not possible because where the screw is placed the lens pops out a bit and is not fitting into the adapter. if I lift the lens a bit and put it back it fits but the metal aperture hock is not in place anymore and when i screw the lens on the aperture ring is not functioning. i have looked for solutions online, found one guy that said for him it worked to make the screw of the adapter bigger with some rubber because in his case the screw was not lined up with the aperture hook of the lens (thats not the same in my case). tired this as well, funnily one time i somehow manage to get the lens on the adapter with the aperture working but after that always the same (it pops out a bit so i cant mount the lens on the adapter). I made a video, hope you can see the problem there

please help!

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • thx for the tip, will do

• I made a review of this adaptor - complete with my workaround for this issue: