Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 720p50/60 and 1080i60 Settings
  • 254 Replies sorted by
  • thanks alot for this ralph, ill be trying out sanity 2 tonight. ive been waiting for a good 60p patch as i use that frame rate alot for easy conversions to 30p and overcranking. hopefully you guys can develop some really great 720 60p patches in the future.
  • Thank you so much. My sanity is happily restored and it's time to enjoy some 2fps slowness.
  • Hi guys,
    i am very interested in this topic since I want to use GH2 for skiing footage (slalom) :720p50 only.
    I will use your setups and choose best for me. I just wonder about the relation between GOP length and best iq for action video :-)
    Ill give feedback asap, thx for your testings :-)
  • 720p50 shouldn't be a problem with Chris' latest. 720p60 is the bitch.
  • Hi
    filmed a little test with your patch earlier today looks very nice, detail in the shadows is great.

used the 720 50p setting in camera

thank you :)
  • @nomad
    720p60 is a bitch no more...
  • Here is my stab at GH2 720p60. SH=44, H=33. The video recording seems reliable so far. SH spans most of the time, and H spans all of the time. The files play back in the camera. The base is Driftwood Aquamotion v1, with reliable intra 24p and 30p with spanning; 24L lowered to 66. Credit goes to Driftwood.

"balazer v1"
    balazer_v1.zip
    666B
  • I would love to see any sample footage with those yum 50p/60p settings!
  • Yhea me2...
    i still dont have a gh2.
    shooting in 60p is for me a must have, when its in 720p its oké, but better in 1080p.
    but i am happy with 720p...

i did download some clips, but those have dubble frames in it. (60p)
    for example, frame 5 and 6 are the same, 11 and 12, 17 and 18... etc....
    this was not raw material, but edited, so it can be in the used codec..

So i like to see a nice sample ....
  • They look like 720p and they look good - as good as can be expected for the bit rates and the mix of I-frames and P-frames. Just download the different patch settings and try them out for yourself. Not having a GH2 is no excuse. ;)
  • @balazer

does your patches work for 1080i 50 ?
    Tested it works OK but 1080i 50 is "wrapped" , i need it to record un wrapped ...
    So iave to go back to cbrandins 44/32
  • Balazer, you are right.
    but how can i see the quality if i dont have a gh2
    i have a very cheap cam that shoots in 720p 60fps. (qmedia 145 euro) off-course the quality is :(
    and a canon hf100 that only shoots 25p wrapped in a 25i file, but looks very nice.....

i am looking for a other cam, i think a month off 4 now.
    i am sure it will for 95% the pannie gh2.
    And 5% something else.
    Its just, i cant find a good 720p 60fps file, or 50fps for download, so i can check it on my own pc....
  • @feha, my settings do for 1080i50 whatever Aquamotion v1 does. I don't know offhand what that is. You can always mix and match settings for different modes. (with some limitations: 1080i50 is tied to 24p)

@mozes, trust us, 720p on the GH2 is very good. You won't be disappointed.

• i just found a nice clip.

the 95 is now 98% :lol:
  • @balazer
    I mean the 1080i50 uses a "wrapped" mode i need non wrapped mode how do i change ?
    I don't want in post production to remove "extra" lines ...
    asked @driftwood but no answer ...
  • @feha, I have no idea what you mean by wrapped.
  • 1080i I have it on authority from Colin at Divergent Media Support that Final Cut Pro X and FCP7 sees the transcoded files properly as upper field dominance and handles them as interlaced.
  • With premiere pro 5.5 the mts files (shot in 60i mode) are recognized as 29.97p. No problem with either Seaquake or Quantum patches.
  • May someone post a 1080p24 and 1080i60 vid with this hack/patch on youtube?

I dont like 720p... dimensions are too small.. we are in the new age, it must be in 1080p. :]

I want to see the quality before trying... thanks all.
  • I don't like 24 fps or interlacing. The dimensions are too small. We are in a new age.

Don't be so lazy. Try the patch settings for yourself. A YouTube video won't tell you everything you need to know.
  • Youtube vid is very good quality. It tells alot. Vimeo is slightly bad because u (a free user) cant upload and view streaming vids in 1080p, it is only allowable for paid users. You also can not seek.

But the good thing is that u can download the original unreencoded (not encoded by vimeo) vid. :D
  • Driftwood Quantum 720p60 in action (apologies for leaving AF on) :-)

• @Ralph_B
    Hey Ralph i got a quick question. I downloaded ur sanity 2 patch and found the 720p settings. My intentions of this this patch was to shoot a great quality tv commercial at at 720p//29.97fps. When i clicked the 60-29 setting, a window popped up stating the "the compression is not improved so the bitrate is dropped." I know im bastardizing the whole point of a great slow motion patch but i really need the fps to be 29.97. Should i just click the button or is their another patch that records in the format I need? Thanks
  • @Petee28
    Why not shoot at great quality 60p and you can convert it to 30p in post?
    By converting, I dont mean "slowing" down the 60p for slow motion, but instead editing in a 60p work flow. Then after your all done, just export at 30p. (dropping the extra frames).
  • @Petee28
    I don't understand your question. When you say, "i clicked the 60-29 setting", what are you refering to?