Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
One of the rarest videos you will ever see!
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • @mpgxsvcd
    @stonebat

I went to high school in Lynchburg, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
  • Tremendous capture. Outstanding lens setup. The moon looks great let alone the aircraft and burnoff. Congrats.
  • @LPowell

After living in this region for many years, I can see why you moved to West Coast.
  • @mpgxsvcd

Your bouldering vids rock. I just came back from Joshua Tree, CA today where 3 of my buddies were learning various techniques.

I'd like to bring my 3 year old with me as well, but I've been looking at attaching holds to a board on the wall for her at home first.
  • @griplimited

Definitely get them started young. My son has been climbing competitively since he was 5. He actually was the one who got me started climbing. Go check out some of the climbing comps in No Cal sometime. There is a 10 year old kid named Mirko in that area that is competitive even with some of the best adults.

If the kids see that someone closer to their own age can do it will sometimes help ease their nervousness about climbing.

Hopefully, I will get some good footage tomorrow. The Rise up comp is one of my favorite places to climb.
  • Nice video. I think your teleconverters blurred it a little bit. I wonder what would be the budget solution to get the moon that big and more sharp.

I did also some moon shooting. 210mm Tamron and ex. tele converter mode used. And did also some cropping in Sony Vegas Pro... Here is the vid (just ignore the cat):

• @tonalt a bit hard to ignore the cat, huh?

The main problem on extreme focal lengths is setting the focus. I'd recommend looking for a mirror-tele lens that has a good focusing mechanism + support (unless you get it with the adapter) and a sturdy tripod if you are serious about trying out telescopic shooting. Sometimes the mirror-teles go for pretty cheap. If you get an 800mm and a 2x adapter you'll cover a whole bunch of focal lengths. Should set you up nicely even for shooting planets..

• @mpgxsvcd

I saw the Reel Rock Film Tour with 9 year old Ashima. It'd peeked my interest immediately for my daughters. Talking to one of the instructors at my local gym, he said the youngest child to climb their 5.6 was 2 1/2 years old. LOL

Your boy kicks ass!
  • Yea Ashima is the real deal. She can out climb most of the pro women and she is still just 10 years old. Mirko definitely can do stuff she can't do. However, I think he is almost 1 foot taller than she is. Both of those kids are doing things that no one that age has ever done before.
  • Very cool, rare video. Shared, hope it goes viral for you.
  • @mpgxsvcd in true Youtube viral fashion- you should start with the jet in full speed- then repeat the flyby in slow motion.