Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Slider recommendation 1 m, electronical and non-electronical
  • For shooting on the GH4 i not a reliable slider that can also be mounted on a tripod. Both, an electronial and manual slider would be great.

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • I have one of the Varavon sliders - i have a motor for it, but you can also get a manual crank as well. They are excellent. See the PV deals...

• iFootage Shark slider is amazing. The flywheel system makes it easy to get smooth moves every time, and you can get extensions too for when you need a longer slider. I believe they have motion control available too.

• The flywheel system makes it easy to get smooth moves every time, and you can get extensions too for when you need a longer slider. I believe they have motion control available too.

They do, but it is far from cheap.

Also tons of fakes now available with low quality.

• I have the Varavon also. I have the motor and the slider is good both ways. I also have an inexpensive slider in the "why did I buy that" pile.

Just FYI IMO sliders and anything but the heaviest tripods don't get along. I have a surveyors field tripod I modded just to use with my slider.

• I have Shark S1. I like the flywheel. But mounted on Tripod it's not rock solid.. flywheel and heavy camera on one side, hard to balance. Same problem with all sliders though.

• Thank you for all that replies. The shark s1 slider seem to pretty reliable, also quite expansive. What about slider solutions up to 200 euro?

• Oh you are in EU - sorry man everything is more expensive there! Try Konova?

• My work just got a ProMediaGear Duo Slider. It has both a straight and curved track milled from solid aluminum.

• I can't help but toot my own horn check out my Salamander Slider at salamanderslider.com . If you do any outdoor work you might appreciate it's weather resistance.