Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
DaVinci Resolve 18 and older 17 and 16
  • 459 Replies sorted by
  • Blackmagic Design has launched DaVinci Resolve 17.1 and Fusion 17.1. The update adds native support for Apple's M1 Macs.

• Hi everyone. I am having great difficulty installing Davinci Resolve, free version on my computer. I already had Davinci Resolve 16 installed so just tried to install version 17 over it when prompted to update. I am using Windows 10 home edition OS and this is run on a ASUS G752VS lap top. My Laptop spec is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz, 32.0 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, 512 SSD, 1TB HDD, 8 GB GRAPHICS CARD, Windows 10 Home EDITION, Version 20H2, Os Build 19042.870. Version 17 fails to install. I have plenty of disk space and am trying to install it on the main SSD drive not the HHD drive. I even tried removing all of the Davinci resolve programme files and checked my computer for viruses etc. uninstalled and reinstalled, Visual C++ 2015-2019 from Microsoft and still can't install. See photos as an example the problem I have. I have checked and updated all drivers on my computer. I have reached out to Blackmagic customer service and they said that they only give information and support for the paid studio version. I was also told to visit the Blackmagic forum, which I have done and everyone has the same problem with no solution. It has been 8 days now that I have had no editor and am stuck. Today I tried a computer system restore and it still will not install. Is anyone having the same problem? Any tips resolving this issue?

DAVINCI RESOLVE 17 PROBLEMS.jpg
    1054 x 800 - 65K
    DAVINCI RESOLVE 17 PROBLEMS 2.jpg
    1280 x 592 - 79K
    DAVINCI RESOLVE 17 PROBLEMS 3B##.jpg
    819 x 800 - 78K
  • Hey Tony, have you tried installing the Visual C++ redistributable by itself? I am sure is available as a standalone download from Microsoft. I may have a copy of the latest Resolve 16 for Windows. I can look for it and upload it if you think you can use it.

• Can be good idea to try to install running it under admin privileges.

• DaVinci Resolve 17.4

sa18597.jpg
    800 x 437 - 53K