Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Recommend a good camera between $300 to $400
  • So a good friend of mine just had his first baby. He asked me to help him find a good camera in the $300 to $350 price range so he can capture those baby pictures and video. I have being looking. If you know something good and reliable, let me know. I am sure something with an OK zoom range too will be a plus. His has no experience working with cameras so this will be his first camera too beside smart phone.

Thanks.

• 6 Replies sorted by
  • Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ series.

• Used Sony RX100 (first model).

• EOS-M with the 18-55.

• Used Sony NEX-6 on Amazon for $400.

• For 2D - Panasonic LX7 (can be got on ebay in your range).

For 3D - Fujifilm w3 3d (around $200 or slightly more) or JVC Everio GS-TD1 (around $500-550)

I am all for 3D for baby pictures. As they are made to remember and return to this days.

• Great!! thanks guys. All great options, when he first asked the only thing that first came in mind was the panasonic LX7. Sony RX100 and Canon EOS-M are all great options. The Fujifilm W3 is quit interesting. I like the idea that you can print the 3D picture right out of the camera.