Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 HDMI Progressive possible?
  • So I've read and read and I still can't find a solid, up-to-date answer to this question. Can the GH3 output true 24p out of the HDMI to send to a mixer or recorder? @driftwood @kavadni

It seems that some people say that it's possible with Viera Link turned off and resolution set to AUTO, but other say that doesn't work. I have some live shoots coming up where I'll need to feed a mixer 24p, and need to decide if something like an Atomos Connect is necessary for pulldown removal. I don't need SDI for run length, so I'd only be using these (in a practical sense) for pulldown removal.

Can anyone tell me if this is necessary with the most up to date firmware?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • and my problem is the same,I tried all possibilities, unfortunately GH3 signal out on HDMI only INTERLACE..

• @kupchenpo My experience with the mini recorder ultrastudio is either 1080i50 or 720p50 (I'm in PAL region). If anyone has a way to make it work I would sure like to know about it as well

• Has anyone tried the Atomos Connect HDMI-to-SDI H2S? Does the pulldown removal work well?