Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Magix Vegas Pro 18, 17, 16 and formar Sony Vegas 13 topic
  • 262 Replies sorted by
  • What about that GH4 footage bug that stretched the final frame several times the length of the clip?

• That bug is fixed.

• Is DNxHD playback improved?

• The prices isn't bad if you buy it until September 27.

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/vegas-pro-14/product-comparison/#productMenu

$199 for Vegas Pro 14 Edit, $249 for Vegas Pro 14 and $349 for Vegas Pro Suite.

• @PauloTeixeira That link does not work and I cannot find those prices from the site.

• They put the special offer in a new link that you see here:

http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14/product-comparison/#productMenu

In case they decide to destroy the new link like they did the old one, here's some screen captures for proof of what I saw. I was subscribed to receive updates which is why I was able to find out about the special offer.

Vegas.JPG
    1352 x 955 - 111K
    Vegas 1.JPG
    1874 x 882 - 137K
    Vegas 200.JPG
    1547 x 937 - 121K
    Vegas 250.JPG
    1497 x 928 - 152K
    Vegas 350.JPG
    1533 x 931 - 147K
  • Just my guess, but I think that $199/249/349 pricing is just a newsletter promotion, and not an upgrade offer for users of Vegas Pro 13. For one thing, it seems anyone can take advantage of the offer. And for another, the offer is only good until Sept. 27. One week is way too short of an upgrade offer. And finally, the prices are too high for that to be an upgrade price. Magix should clear all of this up for us very soon.

Edit: I was wrong. Those are the regular upgrade prices.

• Here's the email I received. They claim "upgrade offer" at the bottom of this image but as you suspect, it might work for everyone regardless if you have Vegas Pro 13 or now. If someone tries to buy it, report back.

Upgrade offer.JPG
    759 x 747 - 103K
  • Thanks for posting this but the resolution is way too low to be able to read it.

• @G3550D

Click on thumbnail :-)

• Magix finally clarified the upgrade situation. $200/250/350 is the normal upgrade price for Vegas Pro 14 Edit/regular/Suite.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/magix-will-there-be-an-upgrade-offer--103617/?page=4#ca639333

Prices are a bit lower at sharbor.com. For me, coming from Vegas Pro 13 Edit, these prices are too high. Vegas Pro 14 doesn't fix or add anything that I need.

But it appears that they might also be promotional newsletter prices that anyone can take advantage of until Sept. 27. It's not clear to me. It says "Upgrade" at the web page, but it doesn't ask for any serial number. http://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/newsletter/special-offer/vegas-pro-14/product-comparison/#productMenu

• One thing that I hate related to this Magix purchase is that Sony products are now considered premium option and Mercalli V4 and some other plugins moved to them, leaving only old V2 for their own software (and it had V4 for last versions).

Btw, if you have any student you know you can get this killer packages:

• Gosh - it's getting dumped on in the comments of that video

• Gosh - it's getting dumped on in the comments of that video.

Yep, funny.

Problem is that this guys do not understand that Sony kind of almost killed audio/video software side.
    And it will certainly require time to rebuild all team and move forward.

Most probably they will try to move interface to their Video Pro X standard. Magix is known for quite careful teams management and careful yearly iterations.

Also it must be noted that Magix want to follow Adobe, as they already removed version numbers. Most probably they will try to sell yearly subscriptions since 2017, at least as second option, but may be as only one.

• So if I can ask stupid question, which is better now Vegas or Magix?

• So if I can ask stupid question, which is better now Vegas or Magix?

It depends :-)

• I have a license for an older version of Video Pro X, and really like it. The object editing system that Magix employs kicks major ass. I reckon that they'll incorporate that into future Vegas versions, as well as some Samplitude features.. I don't know anything about Vegas however, as I've never used it

• You can just get trial of Video Pro X8 (last one).

Samplitude and Xara link with Pro X8, first for sound tracks transfer and last can be used for advanced titles, animated objects, etc.

The object editing system that Magix employs kicks major ass. I reckon that they'll incorporate that into future Vegas versions, as well as some Samplitude features..

If you ask me, I am for ditching Vegas (due to lack of developers who deeply know all internal things) and adding some parts and some good small interface ideas to Vegas Pro X. But it can take 2-3 years.

• Vegas has more features, but Video Pro X8 looks more modern and has simpler interface.

• I can confirm that although it says "upgrade" on the promotion site, you are getting full license. No previous version needed.

• I can confirm that although it says "upgrade" on the promotion site, you are getting full license. No previous version needed.

This is fun :-)

• Full license received here as well. I tested the 4K upconversion feature on some old GH3 footage and it actually seems pretty decent. I'll try it out on some old BMPCC footage next.

• Yes, Indeed the upgrade is the Full license. I need to add DEFISHR and neatvideo 4.2 and I'm good to go for few years. Once they move into a subscription model I'm simply out!

• One thing I want to ask is if Vegas Pro 14 has audio based sync for clips/audio ala PluralEyes (that does not work with V14)?